How to find us
Archers Field, Basildon,Essex, SS13 1DHUnited Kingdom01268 284440 email@example.com
We are located approximately 25 miles east of Central London and 10 miles south of Chelmsford, leaving us well-positioned to cover a number of areas. The depot itself is three miles away from the celebrated Wat Tyler Country Park and a similar distance from Eastgate Shopping Centre, making it easily accessible.
We offer our complete range of services from all depots, comprising of air conditioning hire, pump hire, chiller hire, heater hire, boiler hire, dehumidifier hire and ventilation hire. We promise a reliable 24-hour service throughout Essex and East London including: Southend, Colchester, Chelmsford, Basildon, Rayleigh, Harlow, Grays, Brentwood, Clacton-on-Sea, Braintree, Bishop’s Stortford and Dagenham.
Our Basildon branch stocks and provides a full range of hireable equipment, despite being a modest 12,000 square feet in size. There are ten full-time employees on site, including delivery drivers, engineers and a hire manager. Customers are able to collect units directly from the depot, with parking available on our premises. We guarantee to dispatch your equipment instantly and always have sufficient delivery vehicles based in Basildon to ensure this pledge is met.
We understand that client requirements vary from company to company, which is why we adapt solutions to fit your unique specifications. Our trained staff are on hand 24 hours a day, so call us on 01268 284440 if you seek a project quote or more information
From Southend and other areas east of Basildon, take the A127 towards the A132. At the A132 Wickford ramp, take the first exit onto E Mayne. Continue on, over the first roundabout and take the first exit onto Courtauld Road at the next. After 250 metres, turn right onto Archers Fields – we are situated on the right hand side of the road.
From London and the west of Basildon, take the A3211 to Minories/A1203 continuing on to Byward. Continue onto W India Dock Rd/A1261, then slight left onto Newham Way/A13. Follow the A13 until you reach the A132 exit towards Basildon. At the first roundabout, take the first exit onto S Mayne. Then take the second exit onto the E Mayne, and the third exit of the next roundabout onto Courtauld Road. Continue 400 metres onto Archers Field. The destination will be on your right.
Basildon railway station is on the London, Tilbury and Southend lines, serving Southend three times an hour and London every 35 minutes. Nearby Wickford and Billericay – both within the Basildon district – are on the Shenfield to Southend line which serves Liverpool Street station.
A bus service generally operated by First Essex Buses connects Basildon with many neighbouring towns, including the aforementioned Wickford and Billericay.
Our Basildon depot has recently completed a number of projects within the region with many still on-going. Below are some examples of tasks we have recently been or are currently involved with:
- Overpass construction in Chelmer - We hired numerous 4” and 6” silenced pumps to a local construction company as part of a long-term viaduct development in the Chelmer area.
- Essex Country Cricket Ground - A redevelopment scheme at Essex Country Cricket Ground in Chelsmford led to the hire of both FH111 heaters and several building dryers.
- Warehousing in Basildon - For more than five years, we have rented two FH2000 to warehouses in Basildon to ensure temperatures are kept above a minimum of 23°C.
- The London Gateway in Thurrock – A major development programme on the north bank of the Thames has been in process since late 2012. Several general purpose pumps and temporary heating units were immediately deployed on site.
- Bradwell wind farm – We delivered four pumps with settlement tanks while turbines were being erected. This project lasted four months and was completed early in 2013.
- M25 widening between Romford & Lakeside turn-offs – An 18-month strategy necessitated the M25’s widening between Junctions 29-31, in order to accommodate greater flows of traffic. Twenty general purpose pumps were delivered and remained on hire throughout the duration of the assignment.
- Saddlers Farm roundabout in Basildon – Around fifteen pumps were needed for long-term rental as the road system approaching the roundabout was altered. These stayed on site for the entire development – fifteen months in total.
- Thames Water refurbishment in Rainham – In order to refurbish a sewage treatment works, a range of diesel and submersible units was utilised. The job took eighteen months to execute, with work finishing in 2013.
- Colchester barracks – We supplied the garrison with four indirect fired heaters for three months while a recovery centre was being constructed on site.
- Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford – A four month construction project at the hospital required ten indirect fired oil heaters constantly on site while building was on-going.
- Southend Waterworks – We supplied the facility with ten submersible pumps, accessories and generators in order to clear a blocked sewage pipe in 2010.
- Quarry in Braintree – Dozens of diesel pumps and appropriate hosing was delivered to the location, where it remained for three years until all water had been successfully drained.
- Stansted Airport in Uttlesford – When the airport’s lounge needed to undergo a four-month refurbishment, we provided and stationed two high capacity chiller units which kept the area cool throughout.