How to find us
Maritime Industrial Estate, Pontypridd,Rhondda Cynon Taf, CF37 1PBUnited Kingdom01443 486789 [email protected]
Our Pontypridd branch is located twelve miles north west of Cardiff, twenty miles west of Newport and thirteen miles south of Merthyr Tydfil. Strategically situated, the depot is ideal for accommodating clients across the majority of South Wales. Nearby attractions include the picturesque Heritage Park Hotel just three miles away, as well as Mount Pleasant Park and the Rhondda Heritage Park Museum.
We offer our complete range of services from all depots, comprising of air conditioning hire, pump hire, chiller hire, heater hire, boiler hire, dehumidifier hire and ventilation hire. We promise a reliable 24-hour service throughout Pontypridd, Monmouthshire, The Valleys and Glamorgan including: Cardiff, Newport, Cwmbran, Bridgend, Merthyr Tydfil, Caerphilly, Gwent, Powys and South Wales.
Our Pontypridd depot has nine full-time members of staff working on site, including delivery drivers, equipment engineers and a hire manager. At 34,000 square feet, the warehouse always has ample stock, so even during periods of peak demand, you can always rely on us to satisfy your hire requirements. Parking is available to customers on site, allowing the swift collection of smaller units direct from the depot. With vehicles constantly based at the Pontypridd branch, we pledge to dispatch apparatus quickly and efficiently, at all times of the year.
At Andrews Sykes, we appreciate that requirements differ according to your sector or company size, which is why we can always tailor solutions to your exact specifications. Our professional staff are always on hand to process your enquiry, so call us now on 01443 486789.
If you’re coming from Newport or other directions east of Pontypridd, join the M4 from Stow Hill, Risca Road/B4240 and B4591. Take the A4058 exit from the A470 and continue on towards Pontypridd. Turn into Sardis Road and take the second exit at the roundabout onto Gelliwion Road. Slight left onto Factory Lane; we are located on your left hand side.
From Cardiff or southern routes, head towards North Road on the A4161. Take the A4058 exit from the A470 and continue on towards the Pontypridd/Rhondda Valleys exit, then slight left onto Sardis Road. At the next roundabout, take the second exit onto Gelliwion Road. The destination will be on your left hand side.
Pontypridd railway station is located on the main railway route for the town and part of the Merthyr and Rhondda lines. Train services from Cardiff Central station are very frequent, with two trains per hour from Treherbert, Merthyr Tydfil and Aberdare. During peak times, trains also stop at Penarth but standard off-peak services require passengers to change at Cardiff Central or Grangetown.
The local bus network operates numerous services with excellent links between Pontypridd and its surrounding areas, including Graig, Cilfynydd, Penycoedcae and Beddau.
- Play centre in Newport - A children’s play area in Newport hired a series of ASF21 ventilation fans to counteract high seasonal temperatures.
- Production plant in Glamorgan - Andrews Boilers helped temporarily decommission a manufacturing facility in Glamorgan during a brief mothballing period.
- Swansea University -When a contractor sought temperature control assistance for a major new build at Swansea University, we proposed customised heat for hire packages designed for the unique requirements of individual buildings.
- Solar farm in Ammanford - Our regional pumping expert surveyed a site in Ammanford and recommended the hire of GP50, super silent and hydraulic submersible pumps during the early phase of a solar farm construction.
- Cardiff hospital - By hiring a 100kW boiler to Rookwood Hospital in Cardiff, we ensured their existing unit could be replaced without losing vital heating and hot water services.
- Student halls in Aberystwyth - When a university accommodation block in Aberystwyth required temperature control assistance, we supplied them with numerous DE95 heaters, eight 250kW boiler units and two 250kVA generators.
- Societal group in Grangetown - We received an air conditioning enquiry from a Grangetown cultural centre which led to the hire of several evaporative coolers following a site survey.
- Hospital cooling in Swansea - Following an urgent call to lower the temperature in a children and young babies High Dependency Unit, we delivered and installed a number of portable air conditioners. These were on site within hours and helped keep vulnerable people safe and comfortable during summer.
- Agricultural fair in Brecon - For more than fourteen years, Andrews Heat for Hire has provided equipment for a winter show in Brecon. We deployed both indirect heaters and chiller units to keep customers warm, but also ensure meat on display was preserved and fresh.
- Caerphilly Caste moat project - During a four week period of bad weather, a small tributary leading to a castle moat needed to be pumped in order to ease the flow. We provided several pumps to the site, allowing work to be completed before deadline.
- University in Glamorgan - We have supplied a university with cooling equipment for over a decade which is normally required for award ceremonies and events. A 200kW chiller was installed on the premises to support an inefficient system already in place.
- Brangwyn Hall City & County facility - This client has also been hiring apparatus for a number of years during periods of hot weather. The projects involve meticulous planning prior to installing chiller units, due to the building’s unusual specifications.
- Care home in Rumney - A heat wave during the summer of 2013 necessitated seasonal cooling for a small care home. Concerns regarding the temperature were immediately alleviated when nine portable air conditioners were delivered -keeping the property cool for several months.
- Festival at Hay-on-Wye - After successfully providing heating for the client on a previous occasion, we stationed twenty indirect fired units at a festival which kept marquees and stalls sufficiently warm.
- New Trident Waste Park in Cardiff - We were contacted to conduct a thorough pressure test of vessels on site, using submersible pumps and a holding tank to pump water into 30m boilers. A pressure pump and electronic pressure gauges were also supplied in order to successfully complete the project.