- Location Details
- How to find us
- Local projects
Unit 5A, Ridgeway Distribution Centre, Iver,Buckinghamshire, SL0 9JQUnited Kingdom01753 820622 [email protected]
Our new Heathrow branch is situated on the outskirts of London, making us ideally positioned to cover regions west of the capital. The depot itself virtually touches the M25 and opened in February this year, following the closure of our Slough offices.
We offer our complete range of services from all depots, comprising of air conditioning hire, pump hire, chiller hire, heater hire, boiler hire, dehumidifier hire and ventilation hire. We promise a reliable 24-hour service throughout Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Surrey including: Reading, Slough, Watford Oxford, High Wycombe, Basingstoke, Hemel Hempstead, St. Albans, Bracknell, Guildford, Aylesbury, Farnborough, Maidenhead, Aldershot, Newbury and Ascot.
At over 50,000 square feet in size, our Heathrow base is one of the largest in our nationwide network. We currently have 21 full-time members of staff, with more expected to join the company as the year progresses. Parking facilities are available to customers, making it easy for you to collect small units if circumstances dictate. With a large fleet of delivery vehicles stationed at the depot, we can always guarantee immediate dispatch of your hire equipment.
At Andrews, we work hard to understand the individual needs of our customers, which is why we are on hand 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. For more information on our products or service, call us on 01753 520959.
From London, follow the A40 westbound until Swakeleys Roundabout in Uxbridge. Take the B467 exit from the A40, then Park Rd before turning right onto B470, towards Iver. At the next roundabout, take the first exit onto Thorney Lane, then right onto Ridgeway. Your destination will be 400 yards down the road on your right hand side.
If you’re located west of our Heathrow depot, then take the A3290 in Earley. Continue along the M4 for several miles until you reach exit 5 on the motorway - head towards Eton/Datchet. At the roundabout, take the third exit onto London Road then turn left onto Sutton Lane. Turn right onto N Park, continuing towards Richings Way until the roundabout. Take the first exit onto Thorney Lane, then left onto Ridgeway.
Our depot is less than a mile from Iver railway station and easily accessible on foot. From London Paddington, Oxford-bound trains stops at Iver en route, taking approximately 22 minutes. If you are coming from the opposite direction, trains heading for London Paddington also service Iver - taking 28 minutes from Reading station.
The number 583 bus route links Iver, Slough and Uxbridge between Monday and Saturday, with no service on Sundays or public holidays. It should be noted that this mode of transport ceases operating shortly after 5pm.
Our Heathrow depot has undertaken a wide variety of projects in and around the area, with those listed below all recently completed:
- Retail store in West London - Within hours of receiving an emergency call from a major supermarket in Hounslow, we arranged the hire of eight PAC22 units to keep customers cool during a period of peak summer heat.
- Plant exhibition in Richmond - A famous botanical garden near Twickenham approached us seeking a huge temporary heating system which kept millions of pounds’ worth of plants alive.
- Wembley Stadium - We rented six ID60 heaters which were deployed near pitch-side technical areas - keeping managers and players warm.
- Cobham Golf Course - When a prolonged dry summer stalled the recharge of a lake on Cobham Golf Course in Surrey, we recommended a GP150 pump and hosing which helped fill the void with more than 400,000 litres of water.
- London Olympics in Eton Dorney - a number of heating and cooling solutions were required for athletes competing in rowing events at the Games. We provided dozens of portable air conditioning units to both the boathouse and the broadcasting station, keeping all inside comfortable.
- Care home in Stanmore - we were contacted late one night after the home’s heating system failed. Within two hours, more than 40 2kW electric convector heaters and DE 25 units had been delivered and installed.
- Pinewood Film studios in Buckinghamshire - the underwater stage at the studio needed planned water removal. We delivered 13 Submersible pumps and maintained constant communication with the client.
- Public buildings in Windsor - when a large public building in the town caught fire, immediate restoration efforts were made in order to preserve old fabrics and furniture. In response, we executed a comprehensive drying exercise which helped limit damage to the property.
- Datchet office floods - a luxury cruiser company in the area found their waterfront offices had succumbed to the effects of heavy rainfall. We supplied two FD40 dehumidifiers to accelerate the drying process of the building.
- Pubs in Chalfont St. Peter - a local river caused major flooding to public houses in the area. To alleviate the issue, we quickly provided a 6” super-silenced pump to ensure the town centre could continue functioning normally.
- Lake in Heathrow - an emergency solution was needed when a severely polluted lake led to a lack of oxygen killing fish. We placed 20 pumps around the water, providing an emergency solution and thus preventing a potentially major environmental incident.
- Power station in Theale - more than 40,000 houses in Reading faced being without electricity when a power station flooded. Within two hours, we had an 8” super-silenced pump on site, later supplemented by several submersible units.
- School in Berkshire - a facilities management company sought our assistance after a local school encountered boiler breakdown. We provided emergency portable heaters to ensure all classrooms were sufficiently warm.
- Guide dog centre in Burghfield Common - their head office’s computer server room faced overheating, with recorded temperatures in excess of 40°C. We delivered two PAC 22 air conditioning units to ensure safe conditions were maintained throughout.