The arrival of Storm Desmond in the run-up to Christmas 2015 saw much of the UK badly struck by unprecedented levels of rainfall. Flood defence schemes had largely proved futile and around 60,000 homes were left without power in the worst affected areas. Water also rose to first floor windows in hundreds of houses in Cumbria and Northumberland, with the Met Office announcing that December was the wettest month ever recorded on these shores.
Get in Touch
Follow Andrews Sykes
- Sykes Pumps provides dewatering solution for water main project
- Rally fans pay homage to Russell Brookes at Race Retro
- Emergency drying solution gets pharmaceutical manufacturer back on track
- Ongoing Hinkley Point C project requires Sykes dewatering solution
- Printing company requires emergency ventilation