How to find us
Salters Lane, Sedgefield,County Durham, TS21 3EEUnited Kingdom+44 1740 620141 firstname.lastname@example.org
Strategically positioned alongside the A1 and A689 road links, our Sedgefield depot allows us to cover customers across the entire North East. Virtually central to Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Durham and Newcastle, we are able to quickly reach businesses in the region and provide a variety of hire equipment at short notice. A few miles from both the North York Moors and Yorkshire Dales, our excellent location is easy to find despite being on the outskirts of the town itself.
The warehouse is among the largest in our nationwide network and stocks a full range of equipment all year round. We have 19 employees based at our Sedgefield branch, including a regional depot manager, hire manager, technicians and delivery staff. The 49,000 square foot site also offers customers parking facilities, allowing you to collect small heaters and air conditioning units directly from us.
We offer a complete choice of services from our Sedgefield depot, including air conditioning hire, pump hire, chiller hire, heater hire, boiler hire, dehumidifier hire and ventilation hire. We work hard to understand the needs of clients across all sectors and adapt our service accordingly. This allows us to commit to four hour delivery anywhere in Durham, Northumberland, Tyneside, Teesside and Wearside, including: Newcastle, Middlesbrough, Sunderland, Gateshead, Darlington, Hartlepool, Stockton-on-Tees, South Shields, Tynemouth, Washington, Durham, Chester-le-Street, Redcar, Whitley Bay and Billingham.
Our professional contact team are on hand 24 hours a day to handle your enquiries, and will help guide you towards cost-effective solutions for projects of all types. Call us on 01740 620141 to discuss our services and how they can benefit your process or operation.
From Newcastle and Gateshead, follow the A1 southbound towards Bowburn, exiting at Junction 61. At the roundabout, take the first exit onto the A688 then take the second exit onto the B6291. Go through one roundabout, continuing onto Station Road then take the next left, following the A177. After 250 metres, turn left again onto the B1278 and take the third exit at the roundabout onto Salter’s Lane. At the roundabout, take the first exit and you will find us on the right hand side.
From areas south of Sedgefield, like Darlington, take the A1 ramp towards Durham/Newcastle. At junction 60, take the A689 exit to Bishop Auckland/Hartlepool/Teesside. At the roundabout, take the third exit and then the first exit at the next. Continue onto the A177, going through one roundabout, and then turn right onto the B1278. Take the third exit at the roundabout onto Salter’s Lane, and the first exit at the next one; the destination is on your right.
Take the A19 and A177 routes towards Bishop Auckland if travelling from Middlesbrough or regions east of Sedgefield.
- Flood recovery in North East - Torrential rain in Teesside and surrounding areas rendered the intervention of Sykes Pumps necessary to help minimise disruption.
- Industrial transportation in Wallsend - Whilst carrying out major fabrication to an offshore vessel in Wallsend, a large number of FV fans were hired to ensure the safe removal of fumes.
- Ballasting near Newcastle - In order to enable the movement of a multimillion pound oil support jacket, we supplied several GP150 pumps to assist a critical ballasting project.
- Engineering project in Teeside - A major engineering group requested both KT2000 dehumidifiers and FH2000 heaters to provide dry controlled heat into industrial tanks in Teesside.
- Car factory in Sunderland – Following a site survey conducted by our engineers, we recommended and supplied a temporary heating unit to a car manufacturing plant in Wearside.
- Construction project in Teesside – A regular customer contacted us about providing four large heaters for a major oil rig on the Tyne. The units were needed for a large paint treatment assignment and these accelerated its overall completion.
- Power station in Grangetown – We supplied a general purpose pump plus hosing and accessories to a power station in Middlesbrough, prior to its planned demolition.
- Community centre in Redcar – When a new leisure centre in North Yorkshire was undergoing construction, we supplied a high capacity heater and ducting which remained on site until building was complete.
- Airfield hangar in Leeming – A long-term client required dozens of gas heaters to be deployed around the premises, in order to keep troops returning from their tours sufficiently warm.
- Logistical support company in Newcastle – We supplied eight diesel pumps and hoses for a load out job at an energy park in Newcastle. The equipment remained on hire for a fortnight, with the customer responsible for securing labour.
- “Load out” at Immingham Docks – Another load out assignment near Grimsby necessitated delivery of six diesel pumps, with labour again sourced externally.
- Contracting group in Hartlepool – When a company specialising in the engineering of large structures approached us regarding a pumping solution, we delivered eight diesel units which remained on hire for two weeks.